2013/07/19

Many Years Had Probably Gone By But I Remember Nothing of What Happened in My Sleep




Brian May is 67 today and that's not only a Brian May song it's the Theme Song of my 17th, 18th, 19th, and 20th years, I have someone who can vouch. I'll spare telling the story again, but it was first real love. Yes, even though it's a Brian May song I play it on Farrokh Bulsara's birthday too. Queen stole the show at Live Aid, by the way. Happy Birthday too to my and SeatSix's father. This is the first song of the first Queen album, a Brian May song:





I cannot write a better monologue about the fucking fucked than pointing out that fine metaphors abound. I really should be enjoying the fucking fuck more than I am, or at least stop pretending I'm not enjoying the fucking fuck as much as I am. About face. Wish I'd seen this a week ago. He sometimes says very smart things, but Coate's obamapostasy will never be ready. Atrios' obamapostasy will never be ready either. In this love letter to Snowden, notice which motherfucker's name is not mentioned. Yottabytes! This is not an endorsement of Rand Paul, repeat, this is not an endorsement of Rand Paul: now Pastor Sanctimonious joins Jennifer Rubin in Fuckface Hiatt's jihad against Rand Paul. Repeat: this is not an endorsement of Rand Paul, so calm down, I just find it interesting to read the Post's GOP propagandists' anti-Paul diatribes, it's a sign of how much they fear Rand Paul. This is not an endorsement of Rand Paul. Meanwhile, on the same page, The World's Shittiest Human praises Obama's response to the Zimmerman verdict. Fine metaphors abound. Is your god a jerk? Lordy, Friday's in Blegsylvania during the Blog Days of Summer suck for link-fishing. Oh, I'm still here, I've no idea what blooger was threatening me with. But yes, I sense the recent manic phase here could possibly end, don't know how, don't know when, I've enjoyed it thoroughly, but. Fish sighting: was in Barca! The germantownification of Clarksburg out-Germantowns Germantown! Lordy, Strathmore sucks more often than not. Geoffrey Hill interview once and twice. Everything has a miraculum in it. Sonnet to Vauxhall. The sonnets of E.E. Cummings.






WINDOW

Czeslaw Milosz

I looked out the window at dawn and saw a young apple tree translucent
        in brightness.

And when I looked out at dawn once again, an apple tree laden with fruit
        stood there.

Many years had probably gone by but I remember nothing of what happened
        in my sleep.