2012/09/08

To My Dog on Wheels I Tell My Pleasures and Woes




When I was in Mrs Feller's fourth grade class I held one of those clocks that rotate timezones like at 4:45 of that video, Way Jaters, who lived in the house next to the Highs on North Westland, brought one to class for show and tell, I thought it excellent, never held another one, have thought about it for forty-four years. That memory resparked by the Belle and Sebastian cascade which was sparked by Brad's tweet yesterday which itself had nothing to do with Belle and Sebastian but offered the word twee which reminded me of the fun Belle and Sebastian: Twee or Fey debates of two? three? lifetimes ago I'd have with friends and read in music magazines. Song above on Ed's playlist, thank you! his playlist continues below the fold along with some songs I picked. Back with links and shit tomorrow, or not.




Belle and Sebastian is in the third ring of rotation, I really really really like, it's almost almost love. Been too long since they had a cascade here. I'm remembering why is's almost almost love, but nice to have at least a sweet re-infatuation for a couple of days.








The majority of people advocated twee but those that favored fey were more passionate, arguing that Belle and Sebastian had an ironic edge that fey encompassed but twee couldn't. Yes, fey is the correct answer.