2014/06/10

Sam Thought Glass and Light Signals Might Work





  • Earthgirl went to the doctor yesterday who gasped at Earthgirl's leg - which hurts more eight days after the fall than any day since the fall - and demanded Earthgirl see an orthopedic today. Concern has turned to worry.
  • UPDATE! It's gonna be black and blue and purple and hurt like a motherfucker for a month or two but Earthgirl's leg will be fine. The relief in her voice is wonderful.
  • UPDATE! For content, the general practitioner yesterday talked of (a) blood infection (b) compartmentalized blood pooling (c) hidden broken bones and (d) possible surgery.
  • UPDATE! For those of you following Earthgirl's knees, do you realize it's been sixteen years since my clock sputtered? Annual today: I'm "ridiculously healthy", says clockmaker! 
  • UPDATE! If I don't hike this coming weekend my head is going to explode.
  • Homeless spikes. America 2014.
  • There's another new shitstorm (more here) (h/t) in Left Blegsylvania. (I recommend reading the comments at the second De Boer post and at Tarzie's post.) There is always a new shitstorm in Left Blegsylvania. I can't keep up.
  • A reminder to please consider throwing the coins in your pocket at Arthur.
  • Badiou and Beckett, for those of you who one or the other or both.
  • Beckett, for those of you who do.
  • Silliman's always generous litlinks.
  • Damn, I'm 6th again.
  • Order out of chaos.
  • Cozy Restaurant closes. I hadn't eaten there in decades - since I was a kid, probably - but Cozy was a landmark on 15.
  • King Crimson is reforming. Touring. Closest they come to DC is Philly. I'd have had a debate with myself if they had a show nearby, I don't even need talk myself out of driving to Philly.
  • You'll see why I couldn't type out today's poem. Click, yo, to enlarge.







LIT

Robert Fitterman