2012/06/14

Fifty-Nine Today




Today may or not be David Thomas' 59th birthday. Years ago I read on a Pere Ubu fan site that March 30, 1953 was Thomas' birthday, but that site disappeared and all that wikipedia said for years was Thomas was born in 1953. Yesterday afternoon, searching the birthday site I use to remind me of Holy Days, I saw Thomas' name. Huh? Went to wikipedia, and Huh? there's June 14 listed as Thomas' birthday. Well, OK w/me, Thomas has one of three permanent spots on my Sillyass Desert Island game, if this new birthday information means that I have to celebrate the same Highest of Holy Day of Egoslavia twice within two and a half months this year, everybody wins! or at least me.





Bus Called Happiness, Wasted, Three Things, Dark, My Friend's a Stooge for the Media Priests, Breath, Non-Alignment Pact, David Thomas and Richard Thompson, Navvy, Slow/Drive, Steve/Phone Home Jonah/Where's the Truth, Two Girls (One Bar)/Babylonian Warehouses, Surfer Girl, Habeus Corpus, My Theory of Spontaneous Similitude, Red Sky, 30 Seconds Over Tokyo, The Crickets in the Flats, The Birds Are Good Ideas, Bicycle, Final Solution, Perfume.